Drink Responsibly & Stay Safe
Drinking comes with its own set of responsibilities. It is very important to understand the guidelines and follow them for both social and health reasons. Here are some things to keep in mind when you intend on drinking the night away:
– Women should not exceed 2 drinks a day on average.
– Men should not exceed 3 drinks a day on average.
– No one should exceed 4 drinks on any one occasion.
– Alcohol should not be consumed in these situations: Driving, pregnancy, certain work situations.
– Everyone should abstain from drinking at least once a week.
Taking a standard drink as 10g alcohol, a man’s BAC will normally increase by 20mg for each standard drink (and decrease by 1 standard drink an hour). A woman’s BAC will increase by between 20-30mg for each standard drink and will decrease by 3/4th of a drink an hour. Keep in mind that BAC is also influenced by food consumption with alcohol, higher when alcohol consumed on an empty stomach but will be recorded for a longer period of time on a full stomach.
Responsible drinking is happy drinking!